IT is Unbiblical NOT to Celebrate
THE COMING OF THE CHRIST
I CAN GIVE YOU 11 BIBLICAL reasons (Below) why we should celebrate the birth SPECIFICALLY. You cannot give me ONE biblical reason why we should not SPECIFICALLY celebrate the birth of the Christ.
1. THE OLD TESTAMENT CELEBRATES IT
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
2. The FIRST PAGE OF THE NEW TESTAMENT CELEBRATES IT
21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:
23 "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"-- which means, "God with us."
3. ALL FOUR GOSPELS CELEBRATE IT - That is WHY they were written!
4. MATTHEW AND LUKE devote 2 Chapters each to the event
5. John celebrates the Word BECOMING flesh and DWELLING AMONG us
6. The Author of Hebrews celebrates it
And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him."
7.Paul celebrates it and declares it to be central to the Gospel message
4 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law,
5 to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.
1 Corinthians 15:47-49
47 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven.
48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
49 And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.
8. The angels celebrated it
9. The Shepherds celebrated it
10. The wisemen celebrated it
11. It is the most CELEBRATED SINGULAR event in the entire Bible - HOW and WHEN you celebrate is up to you...but you SHOULD celebrate it to be biblical.
Hear Carl Gallups Live talk radio on NW FL's TALK RADIO - 1330 WEBY AM - broadcasting to a 4 state area on the Gulf Coast - every Friday afternoon - 4-6 pm CT. http://www.hickoryhammockbaptist.org/radio